2.29.2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Technically the whole day wasn't bad, just big chunks of it, and really the only reason I titled it as such is because I was in pain all day. Had I not been, I probably would've been able to laugh at just about every "terrible" occurrence.

So that is where my day starts...with pain. I have woken up several days now with a pain in my neck. Literally. Last week the pain was so bad that by the time Ben got home I was holding back some serious tears. I am pretty sure the culprit is our super soft bed and the compacted stuffing in my pillows. So despite how much I loathe taking medicine I crushed up some Ibuprofen so I could tolerate life for the rest of the day. It barely touched the pain. That was my first hint that it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Surprisingly, Miss Chevious was not on her usual behavior and the damage caused by said child was minimal. *Thank you, Lord*  But she did manage to get into Ben's pictures while I was taking a shower and spread them all over the bedroom floor and the family room floor.
Then afternoon came and it was time to put chicken in the crock pot. (You should know that the trash had been full to the brim all day but because it was snowing outside I gave in to my lazy side and decided to wait as long as possible before taking it out.) While throwing away the plastic that the raw chicken was wrapped in I tipped over the garbage can and everything spilled into the pantry. It was turning out to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Once dinner was cooking in the crock pot I got a burst of energy and decided to clean the jet tub since its' been a few weeks. I filled the tub above the jets with hot water and poured some bleach in the water near the intake, and then I let it run for about 15 minutes while I was cleaning the kitchen. After loading the dishwasher I decided it was time to turn the tub jets off and drain it. Before opening the bathroom door I realized that it seemed much louder than before but thought nothing of it until I saw the steam escaping through the crack of the door. Water was spraying EVERYWHERE!!! I guess I didn't tighten the plug good enough and water has slowly drained out of the tub decreasing the water level below a couple of the jets. The floor was flooded and water was dripping from the walls so I hurried in, soaking my socks and getting my second shower of the day. It was like someone was spraying me with a very warm water hose that smelled like bleach. Everything was drenched and I immediately thought everything would be bleached as well, but so far so good. Nothing bleached, I guess I didn't use enough to do that kind of damage. The bathroom scale was ruined, obviously as it spewed water when I picked it up from the mini lake it was resting in. I wiped down the walls, baseboards, counters, toilet and soaked up Lake Gimmeabreak using several towels. I thought I had done a good recovery job and at least now the bathroom looked and smelled clean. I was actually laughing to myself about this incident,the whole scene was pretty funny. But the bleach smell mixed with the pain in my neck was now turning into a migraine. You know, the kind that makes you really nauseous. Which only contributed to making it a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I could tell by the smell of dinner that it was not going to turn out as I hoped. It was one of those recipes I got from Pinterest in an effort to change up and ease the whole dinner process. Let me just tell you that 3 1/2 hours is TOO LONG to cook chicken breasts in the crock pot. AND, brown rice needs more liquid than other rice in a rice cooker. My intentions were good, and Ben ate it anyway, but not before he asked..."Why is everything wet in the bathroom?"
*sigh* I think I'll move to Australia.

2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad indeed! I hope your neck gets to feeling better very soon, everything is so much harder when your in pain.

Linda said...

Sorry!!! is all I can think of to say because there are no words to sympathize with mothers. Only deep understanding. Being here with Cheryl has brought back lots of memories of my own. It seems that while a mother is checking the mishap in the bathroom child # whatever is in the kitchen looking for the next project mother can take care of...who ever said it is a never ending job was so right...sort of...they do end eventually but not after they go through the teen years and problems...all to make you realize childhood was not so bad afterall. Then adulthood strikes!!! new people join in and think they need to add to the experience, and they all start calling you MOM!! and the struggles increase and the degree of pain changes once again. I guess what I am saying is...I wish I could say it will get easier but all you can really hope for is change. Please realize if you can my dear...these are the days of your life you will fondly recall and cherish...but at the same time you will take such great delight in watching as a grandmother at "what goes around...eventually comes around", if you get the drift here. :-) Sorry about your neck...you need to go see the doctor soon, before it gets worse. :-)
Can't wait to get there so I can help with all the mishaps and adventures :-)