7.13.2012

To Nap or Not To Nap

It's here. I new it would be sooner or later. I was rather hoping it would be later though. When I say "it" I mean that time in a toddler's life when they decide you no longer need to gather the shreds of whats left your sanity a mommy break and they throw their nap time out the window like it means nothing to them. If I could get back my afternoon naps, I would take them in a heartbeat. Just as a side note, I would take back a lot of things from toddlerhood, like no responsibility, ENERGY!, naivety, having the world be so small and simple. *Sigh* I've had a particularly emotionally trying day today and thinking about childhood simplicity helps a little. Don't get me wrong, the trials I've overcome and am currently facing have given me all that I have and will have and for that I am grateful, but every once in a while I feel picked on and want to clinch my fists, stomp my feet, scream and shout and then cry for a good hour.
Somehow I've gotten completely off track with this post.


There she is. Sweet, naive, Miss Chevious who thought she didn't need a nap on this particular day. Mommy thought she did need a nap. She loves to watch movies on my bed so I put one on and made her all snugly and Oops...look what happened. She fell asleep. I guess she needed a nap after all. ;) This doesn't work all the time though - yeah, I try it EVERY time she refuses to nap cause she can be quite cranky come 4 o'clock. I am not ready for nap time to go. However, I am ready for that pillow to go. Hello, stains!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Mommy...the one person in a childs life that means the whole world to them. I think that is why it changes everything in a girls life to become know by the word Mommy. your world is never just yours again. Is it worth it? Of course ;)Very proud of my baby girl and the mommy that she is. Keep the naps they are still good for her and her mommy :) So sorry I missed your call today. Lately I am wearing one hat only and that seems to be hostess of the 46th high school reunion for Oliver Springs, at least until tomorrow night at midnight. At which time I will turn into a pumpkin :)This post made my day and made me feel very quilty as a mommy :(

Donna said...

She is such a cutie I can hardly stand it!