7.13.2012

Giraff-ES

Remember that post that I made several months ago about how Hope isn't really interested in drawing and just scribbles around the page? All that has changed. She spent about a week and a half where all she wanted to do was draw. Mostly giraffes, though she calls them "giraff-es". She has suddenly burst into a tiny creative genius.


The big guy waving his hands in the back is Alex the lion. There is also Gloria, Melman and Marty, so obviously this is a scene from Madagascar which is among her favorite movies. I'm not exaggerating when I say she would draw all day. It is the first thing she asked to do in the morning and she was still talking about things to draw while I would put her to bed.

She got better and better with each new masterpiece and surprisingly detailed. In fact, disturbingly detailed. Can someone tell me WHY my not even five year old is drawing anatomically correct animals???? Though I must admit the detail is impressive. I asked her about it after she proudly showed me the picture and she giggled and said it was "milk". Her pictures are almost always of a mommy and baby whatever so that relieved me a little, but still shocking. I didn't include any of those pictures and that is too bad because they were excellent, minus the "details".


This is one of the first pictures she drew. As you can plainly see, it is a family of giraffes. The story that accompanies this piece of art goes as follows: The daddy giraffe almost knocked into the tree because he was looking out for the dogs (who apparently can fly), but instead the dog knocked into him. She had a specific story line with each new picture.


Finally daddy went out and bought her an extra special drawing tablet just for her pictures. This is the first picture she drew in it. She loves rainbows right now and is always sure to get the order of the colors right. Little smarty pants.
Grandma Bosley, I will have you know that during her week of artistry she kept saying that she was making a book of drawings for you for when you come home. After I would tell her how much I liked one of her pieces she would say, "I think gma will like it too."

Also in Hopie news: the other day she was playing with some wiki stix and turned her dog into a pirate. I thought it was pretty funny so I had to take a picture.


When Eden saw me get the camera out she snuck into the picture and took a picture of me taking a picture. What little cuties I have. It helps to reflect on these moments during the MANY tantrums and sibling rivalry they participate in daily.

3 comments:

Linda said...

So precious...I loved the pictures. Hope is obviously an artist and VERY creative. Tell her grandma can not wait to see the pictures and that I love her :)

Donna said...

So the Grandpa-Bosley-artist talent is going to prevalent in all of your children! :-) Hopie is such a sweetheart! Aunt Donna needs to snuggle on these babies soon!

Donna said...

So the Grandpa-Bosley-artist talent is going to prevalent in all of your children! :-) Hopie is such a sweetheart! Aunt Donna needs to snuggle on these babies soon!