7.17.2012

An Afternoon in the Canyon

I'm a pretty spontaneous person. It's in my nature to just do something instead of planning things out. I've always been that way. Then I had children. It isn't exactly easy or comfortable, let alone enjoyable to do spontaneous things when you have infants. For me, there was far too much planning, packing and interruptions to bother with it. Now my children are a little older and I am finding that spontaneous is something that I can consider once again. Not completely mind you, I still have a two year old. But since she is starting to refuse naps, now is a good time to reintroduce the thought of casual outings.
I've been wanting to check out the Deer Creek beaches since before summer started, so yesterday was the day. I packed up the kids in the van, grabbed a treat for the road and away we went. There is a fee for the beach, but since we just wanted to check it out the lady gave us a 20 minute waiver.


I was disappointed at how rocky it was, but the kids actually quite enjoyed the rocks.


I finally had to pick Eden up to get her away from the rocks.


It was a great day for exploring. It was warm but not hot and there were enough clouds in the sky to give an occasional break from the sun.


When our pass expired we weren't ready to go home, so we decided to stop at Bridal Veil Falls for more adventuring.


We had lots of fun getting dirty and wet in the stream and of course playing with more rocks.


Noah found a stick and a flat-ish rock and tried to make a Tomahawk. When he was done with the rock Hope decided it was pretty special and wanted to bring it home for her rock collection.

On the way back down the trail Noah spotted a snake off to the side and caused all the people behind to stop and watch the snake as it slithered away. At one point Eden layed down on the trail to play with rocks. I tried getting a picture but by the time it was ready she had sat up.


It was a fun day and one we'll try to recreate soon.




1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks like you had a fun adventure...now that you have seen the beach, want to go back? I am getting really excited now to see everyone. Love ya