9.12.2012

Pre Pre-School

You may recall that in my Kindergarten post I mentioned wanting to educate Eden a little better than I had done with Hope before she began school. A few weeks ago I started coming up with a plan on how to do so, but was feeling a bit overwhelmed and not sure where to start. Then one Sunday one of my friends approached me and asked if I'd like to participate in a pre preschool program with her and a couple other ladies in the ward. All their girls are Eden's age and just so happen to be some of the cutest 2 1/2 year olds I know, so I eagerly said YES! After I started thinking about it I started getting unsure. This is MISS CHEVIOUS we are talking about here. Do I really want to subject my friends and their children to her antics when I am not there to "apprehend" her? Witnessing her interesting change in behavior during nursery at church gave me some hope though. (During nursery she is wonderful. A delight. Down right REVERENT at times. So strange.)
*** Post first day report was that everything went great. None of the girls got upset and there wasn't any toddler confrontations. You know the uncomfortable ones about sharing and the like.***
 

 
She totally posed for these pictures. And how perfect is that smile?
I remember once during the many ultrasounds I had while carrying her that when the tech rolled over her face I literally gasped as her beauty took my breath away. I had a similar moment when she posed for these pictures. Sure, she is super silly and loves to be messy and gross, but my goodness...look at that face and the spirit shining through it. Beauty.
 
But I digress.
Eden was just a little bit happy about going to school today. Actually she was super duper happy about it all day long, even after I picked her up. When we pulled up to the house where her little school would be held all (4) of the girls and their mommies where standing outside chatting and taking pictures. I pulled open the van door and immediately Eden yells "Hello!" She could barely wait for me to unbuckle her car seat she was so excited. I put on her back pack and she ran around the car where one of her cute little friends shouted with excitement, "Eden!" and ran to greet her. Eden stopped in her tracks, pointed to her shirt, stuck out her chest and said, "Look at my shirt!" I don't know what it is about her shirts, but just about every time she sees someone she wants them to check out her shirt. Funny girl. So they stood there admiring each other's clothes, like true girls, and then sat on the front steps for a group picture. Then the teacher told all us mothers good bye and they walked up the rest of the stairs. Eden never even looked back to see where I was.
I am surprised, proud, happy, scared, a little disappointed (if I am being completely honest here) and excited for her and this new journey. I'm glad I'll be doing it with her though. I'll get my turn to teach in October. And she is my "last" baby. I still think of her as a baby and when someone states otherwise I have to take a minute for reality to sweep over my brain.
When daddy got home she very enthusiastically told him all about her experience with school. She proudly showed off her hand print/finger paint sunshine and sang us songs. I'm not positive but I think it was a medley about Old MacDonald and a sunshine.
 This is definitely going to be fun.


No comments: