9.24.2008

Where Did My Baby Go?

Seven years ago last Sunday I became a mommy. Noah was born at 3:19 pm after 2 long exhausting days of labor. He was only 5lbs. 6 oz., but he was the healthiest baby in the nursery, where the nurses had nicknamed him "Mr. Handsome". He is truly a special spirit, and I am both proud and baffled that Heavenly Father chose me as his earthly mother.
It is difficult to be Noah's mother, because I don't get to be around him everyday and see the amazing little everyday things that he does and experiences. I am very sensitive about my relationship with him, and that is why it has taken me a few days to publish his birthday post. Choices and mistakes that I have made, have made Noah's life more difficult and confusing than usual. Two moms, two dads, two houses, two families.....He is actually very lucky that so many people love him and want to be around him. Of course if you know him you would know why. Not only is he smart, but he is funny, sarcastic, creative, compassionate, caring, athletic, talented beyond belief and his capacity for love astounds me.

Here are a few cute pics I found of him as a baby/toddler.







Here are some pictures of his party.











Grandma made a Satsuke (sp?)costume for Noah. It is his favorite character from Naruto. He loved it!

6 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Has it really been seven years?
He really is a handsome boy. I'm amazed at his artwork you display on your blog as well.
I hope he had a really great birthday.

Natalie said...

He is dashing. My my, he's going to be a little heartbreaker. Happy Birthday Noah!

Mama Bean said...

If we all didn't make mistakes we wouldn't have the wonderful joys we do. Out of yours you got one great little kid!!! That is a huge blessing for a small price. It was worth it.

Miss Megan said...

Happy birthday Noah! I hope I get to meet you someday.

Linda Bosley said...

When Lindsey was born my mother told me she was the most beautiful child she had ever seen. I felt the same way when I saw Noah. He is just as beautiful inside as he is outside. Happy Birthday from your proud grandma Bosley

Donna said...

I am so very impressed with my amazing nephew! He is most definitely one of God's elite! One of my favorite memories of him (so far) is on your wedding day when he was so concerned about the army of ants that seemed to be headed in your direction - he stomped with such intensity that I believe without a doubt he would fight a grizzy bear for you without hesitation! You are his mommy and NO ONE will ever be able to take your place!