10.12.2012

Say What?

Hope: Can I have a donut?
Mom: No. You eat too much sugar. We all eat too much sugar. We need to go sugar-free. Do you think that's possible?
Hope: No. Can I have a cupcake?

Hope: It makes me hot when you breathe.
Mom: Okay, I won't breathe on you.
Hope: You can breathe when I'm not looking.

Hope: How can you turn the car without your other hand?
Mom: Cause I can turn the wheel with one hand.
Hope: You are magical.

A nighty-night conversation with Hope.
Hope: I am scared of Santa Claus when he comes here.
Mom: Santa isn't real.
Hope: No. The REAL Santa Claus.
Mom: The guy that dresses up in the mall?
Hope: Yes.
Mom: He isn't real. Me and daddy are Santa Claus.
Hope: *raises an eyebrow and looks at me like I'm crazy*
Mom: Me and daddy put the presents under the tree when you're asleep.
Hope: Awesome! * taps her head like Winnie-the-Pooh* Are you the Easter Bunny too?!?!
Mom: Yep.
Hope: Awesome! When I grow up will I be Santa Claus?
Mom: Yes. When you have kids you will be the Santa Claus in your own house.
Hope: I don't want to have kids.
Mom: What?
Hope: I don't want to get married and have kids. When I grow up I just want to be a doctor. Could you be a doctor with kids?
Mom: Yes. You can do both.
Hope: I don't want to do both, I just want to be a doctor. But I don't know what house I'm going to live in when I grow up.
Mom: Well that's a long ways away, let's not worry about it right now. You need to go to sleep. No more talking.
* a few seconds later*
Hope: You know what my favorite food is?
Mom: No. I don't want to know what your favorite food is. I want you to go to sleep.
Hope: Hot dogs. It's hot dogs. Isn't that funny?
Mom: Yes. It's funny. Now go to sleep.
Hope: How do you spell 'hotdogs?'

2 comments:

Linda said...

thanks for the chuckly honey...now that I have had a turn at Hopes bedside these conversations seem so much more funny...and so easy for me to smile about all the really dumb questions YOU use to ask your mother :) What goes around comes around. hehehehehehe

Heather Buell said...

She is so cute and funny. I think her and Aubrey are a lot a like with their little analytical brains!

Ps. Tell her not to spill the beans about Santa Clause because we are FIRM believers in Santa Clause in our house and I will not be happy if Aubrey finds out the truth in Kindergarten.