4.20.2012

Big Brother

Yesterday I registered Hope for kindergarten. It was exciting, weird and a little bittersweet. She saw several of her friends from church at the registration which I think set her at ease. Then we walked around the school and looked in the kindergarten classrooms. That is when I got really excited. I had a rush of flashbacks from my own kindergarten experience and my enthusiasm helped Hope see what fun she is going to have.
When I was talking to Noah later that night on the phone I told him that Hope would be starting school in the Fall. "MOM!" He said. The tone of his voice told me that he didn't really like that. I asked him what was wrong and his voice got choked up and he said "I'm worried about her." Aww. What a sweet big brother. I didn't tell him that I am secretly scared to death, too. Instead I told him that she would be fine and she will probably be in a class with her friends and that she is looking forward to it.








I love how he loves his sisters. I truly believe that he was meant to be their big brother and protector. They are lucky little girls.

3 comments:

Linda said...

my goodness....you really know how to make a grandmother cry :(
What a sweet and beautiful experience. I have to admit tears were rolling down my cheeks as I even first read she would be going to school...but she has so very much to offer the world. It needs her. Noah the mighty! He is a hero of grandma's too. He is def. a mighty warrior. God bless him and protect him and the little Maxwell girlies. Grandma

Donna said...

Noah never ceases to impress me! I love you sweetie! Aunt Donna...

Donna said...

Noah never ceases to impress me! I love you sweetie! Aunt Donna...