7.17.2009

Seriously?


A few days ago, as I was snooping around blogs, I happened upon a post titled "Lazy Day" in which the blogger was confessing that she had shirked her daily chores for ONE day and that the next morning she found that ignoring housework for 24 hours is not worth the terrible mess that she woke up to.

Seriously?

Then I remembered a few years ago a friend of mine talking about her cleaning schedule. For example, she cleaned her bathrooms on Tuesdays and Fridays, and she vacuumed at least once a day.

Seriously?

Okay, I admit that during my first marriage our apartment (when we weren't living with his parents) was spotless. This is because I use cleaning as a defense mechanism. When I get upset or irritated or angry I scrub my stress away.

So now, I would like to blame my messy house on the fact that I am a happily married woman. Ben, those dirty dishes and the muddy kitchen floor is a product of our love and admiration for each other. :) Okay, I can't blame my happy relationship for my disgusting abode, I suppose I will have to assume responsibility for that.
Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate having a clean home, I am just wondering...

Seriously,

am I the only person I know that does not clean her house everyday? What do you think, should I make a cleaning schedule for myself?

3 comments:

LacyAsher#1 said...

I totally don't clean my house everyday!! It isn't worth it. I would rather be having fun with my kids than making sure my house is spotless just in case someone comes over. My house isn't a pigstye, but people do live here!!

~Michelle~ said...

I actually have my Google calendar email my morning chores to me each day. I can choose to ignore it if I want, but I have found that if I do a little each day, things just run smoother and stay cleaner. Things still get cluttered, but I think my house stay fairly clean throughout the week.
I will always be an advocate of "what works for you", If the thought of scheduling your cleanings is just awful and torturous, don't do it.
There are days I know I cut corners and do a less then thorough job with cleaning my house, but I also spend days scrubbing walls and carpets and bleaching everything, so I think It all balances out in the end.

Tiffany Wilson said...

I think it's just you, you poor excuse for a homemaker. I can't even believe you would admit such shameful behavior in public! ;)